Medications are sourced from Tier One countries, in original packaging as supplied direct from the manufacturer or government licensed wholesaler to the dispensing pharmacy. Medication in each country must be licensed and registered according to that country’s governing body (the equivalent of the FDA). The governing bodies are as follows;
New Zealand = Medsafe
Australia = Therapeutic Goods Administration
United Kingdom = Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
Canada = Health Canada
- Pharmaceuticals are made in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). A good manufacturing practice is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. It is designed to minimize the risks involved in pharmaceutical production. Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) covers all aspects of production and involves detailed and written procedures which are essential for each process that can affect the quality of the finished product. The World Health Organization (WHO) has established detailed guidelines for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and many countries have formulated their own requirements for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) based on these.
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)’s are enforced through inspections by various National Health Regulatory agencies: FDA in the US, Health Canada’s Therapeutic Products Directorate in Canada, Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in the UK, Therapeutic Goods Administration in Australia and similar agencies in countries all around the world.
- All orders must be accompanied by a prescription written by a licensed US physician.
- All orders are dispensed in a licensed pharmacy, by a licensed pharmacist. Prior to being submitted to the dispensing pharmacy, all orders are checked for validity of prescription, drug allergies, drug interactions and concomitant medical history is noted. This is carried out by licensed pharmacy technicians and pharmacists at RxManage. Each prescription follows the same process as it would in the USA.
- Patient information leaflets are included with each medication and each medication is labelled according to the pharmacy legislation of the country it is dispensed from.
Medications are shipped in plain packaging, marked as “Prescription Medicines for Personal Use”.
All information and documentation received by RxManage during the process of account activation and order fulfilment is kept in the strictest confidence and only used for the purpose of fulfilment of the prescription medication order. Each dispensing pharmacy abides by the laws and regulations in their country pertaining to the safe and secure storage of health information. HIPAA compliant encrypted email is used when communicating with Benefit Managers.